Monday, February 17, 2014

The First Error

Last night, I read an article about configuring Hadoop on Raspberry Pi. I went through all the instructions and also read about basics of Hadoop.

    Today as usual I went to Rahul's place to do some more hacking with Raspberry Pi, I thought it might be easy to configure Hadoop on Raspberry Pi, but my mistake! I took it too lightly, because there are some of the steps which can be termed as "RECURSIVE ERROR". Meaning, if you are stuck with an error, you keep on repeating it and ultimately you reach the same point where you started.

Last night, I configured Drupal and webserver onto the Pi. Also I am now working with a persistent copy of Raspbian Wheezy.

Here are some of the pics :



Apache Webserver Running on Localhost [Pi]














Upgrading the 'Wheezy'


































As you can see in the pics I have added the HDUSER and have also configured ssh. But I guess there is some problem with .bashrc file. I am probably not configuring it as required!

My further plan of action is to read the Hadoop manual more carefully and also about installing it and most importantly about .bashrc file configurations.

At the end task completed today :
  • Webserver is persistent on the drive
  • Installed Open JDK 7 for ARM
  • Apache2, PHPMYADMIN, MYSQL-SERVER
  • Managed the DHCP configuration for ethernet port
  • Added HDUSER, and copied the basic hadoop directory, and configured upto some extent, still work to be done. 
  • Fixed the phpmyadmin not found error, using the following documentation : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/phpMyAdmin

No comments:

Post a Comment